Zendi is a marketing professional with 16 years’ experience in management roles and in managing complex marketing teams, projects and budgets. Her varied experience has provided Zendi with a deep understanding of marketing, communications and events.
Her career began in Dubai where she spent 12 years working with a leading financial brand, and some rapidly growing companies including Etihad Airways and Jumeirah Hospitality Group. Working in Dubai was an invaluable experience that Zendi is so grateful for. It has made her versatile, open-minded and afforded her the opportunity to grow her skillset in a global sense.
Since Zendi immigrated to Australia four years ago, she has been fortunate to continue her marketing journey across multiple industries. She has honed her craft, developed her skills and learnt to be flexible and adaptable in an ever-changing landscape. Zendi believes that it is important as a marketer to ‘get your hands dirty’ and always keep learning. The digital world is constantly changing and affording us new avenues to reach our desired audience, and she believes if you don’t stay agile it is easy to be left behind.
IQ Capital Group - Director of Marketing & Communications
Zendi managed all Marketing & Communications functions along with all their related tasks and activities to assist IQ teams to service clients to the best of their ability, including:
- Responsible for planning, execution, and budgetary control of all marketing activity
- Set up digital advertising campaigns, targeted for lead conversions and brand engagement
- Website management and analytics
- Creation processes maps to capture prospects in a sales funnel
- Evaluation of customer research, market conditions and competitor advertising
- Corporate communications, both internal and external as well as sales EDMS’s
AMMA Private Equity - Group Marketing Director
Zendi’s role as the Group Marketing Director revolved around the creation and implementation of comprehensive content, collateral, and campaigns for a range of investment projects across six brands the group managed.
A big part of her role evolved into developing agile marketing strategies to protect brand integrity in the face of some challenging public relations. This included working to retain a loyal client base, increasing customer satisfaction and exploring subsequent revenue streams.
Her role also included:
- Developing and driving brand strategy for four new projects, including international projects based out of the USA and the UK.
- Assessing brand assets and establishing brand consistency for all projects.
- Implementing brand guidelines for future projects, improved design capacity and introducing a ‘brief pipeline’ to manage multiple deliverables and ad hoc requests.
- CRM Optimisation, including setting up and implementing training for staff.
- Executing CRM campaigns in order to cross-sell, and up-sell, new and existing products to current clients.
- Developing and planning communications to investors and stakeholders.
- Communicating and coordinating with Capital and Sales teams to help best enable them to meet their objectives by creating materials, presentations and tools required to win business.
Emirates NBD - Sponsorship and Events Manager
In this role, Zendi was responsible for managing the S&E department for the brand. This was a multi-faceted role that led the S&E department in two functions, within an award-winning Marketing and Customer Experience team.
- Designed and executed campaigns that generated direct brand engagement, significantly increasing brand awareness and consumer interest, in turn driving new audiences to sponsored events. These campaigns increased engagement from 600 to 5000 participants.
- Negotiated and managed large portfolios, and relationships, with rights holders including Golf, Football, Mass participation, Dubai International Film Festival, Art Exhibitions, Polo, Football, Music Concerts, Theatre, Finance, Education Programs, CSR and Government Initiatives.
- Accountable for $20M budgets, negotiated av. 10% annualised contract savings and increased ROI by identifying new rights and benefits across sponsorship assets.
- Developed and executed large-scale multimedia campaigns, and promoted local brand awareness with the aim of global expansion. Maximised the leverage of intellectual property assets through multi-faceted strategies over 20 campaigns annually.
- Drove brand affinity through the delivery of over 180 annual events including press launches; gala dinners; conferences; workshops; seminars; roadshows; award ceremonies; branch openings; exhibitions; corporate hospitality; thought leadership forums.
- Implemented overhaul of the workflow process to significantly increase efficiency, improve brand alignment and ROI measurement.
- Led development of events calendar for all group departments. Events were designed based on business objectives correlating with event objectives, customer profiles and value add for customers.
- Enhanced the current practices for managing branding collateral, grew corporate stock lounges and built branding kits to help reinforce compliance with brand guidelines.