With 16 years’ experience in management roles; managing complex marketing teams, projects and budgets. Her varied experience has provided Zendi with a deep understanding of marketing, communications and events.
Her career began in Dubai where she spent 12 years working with 3 of the region’s leading Mega Brands: Emirates NBD, Etihad Airways and Jumeirah Hospitality Group. Working in Dubai has made Zendi versatile, open-minded and afforded her the opportunity to grow her skillset in a global sense.
Her tenure in multifaceted roles has helped her to gain experience above and beyond the fundamental marketing proficiencies. Her experience provides a holistic understanding of the Sales and Marketing ecosystem, this often helps her spot untapped opportunities and solutions to problems.
Zendi believes that it is important as a marketer to ‘get your hands dirty’ and always keep learning.
“Although I have experience in working with large budgets, I also believe that you don’t need huge budgets to generate great results. I have a strong tendency to seek out innovations and initiatives.”
IQ Capital Group - Director of Marketing & Communications
- Planning, execution, and budgetary control of all marketing activity
- Set up digital advertising campaigns, targeted for lead conversions and brand engagement
- Website management and analytics
- Creation of processes maps to capture prospects in a sales funnel
- Evaluation of customer research, market conditions and competitor advertising
- Corporate communications, both internal and external as well as sales EDMS’s
AMMA Private Equity - Group Marketing Director
Tasked to support raising capital for the start-up investment projects – across 4 regions as well as supporting a diverse range of investment projects across six brands the group manages.
- Produce and distribute content for investor communications and capital raising
- Oversee events department and liaise with 15 Equity Advisors to deliver events; 150+ member firms
- Manage marketing team, corporate gifts, branded collaterals and all marketing deliverables
- Implement group brand guidelines
- Improve design capacity, and introduced ‘brief pipeline’ to manage multiple deliverables and ad hoc requests on deadline
- Conduct project presentations at large annual conferences.
- Develop & implement brand strategy for 4 new projects, including international projects based out of the USA and UK
- Manage launch events for several investment projects with sporting and music celebrities
- Provide extensive in-house marketing support to various projects: Guvera, Kwickie, BNDR, Dragonfli, Mi-HQ, Tapp Commerce, KwikTV and STREAM Live
Emirates NBD - Sponsorship and Events Manager
Promoted local brand awareness with the aim of global expansion increased brand recall and consumer interest.
Brand Sponsorship Strategy
- Designed campaigns that generated direct brand engagement
- Accountable for $20M budgets
- Negotiated av. 10% annualised contract savings
- Increased ROI by identifying new rights and benefits across assets
- Managed 360′ execution of over 20 large scale brand sponsorship campaigns annually
- Achieved increased direct engagement from 600 to 5000 participants – Dubai Desert Classic
- Responsible for all group branded corporate gifts, merchandise and inventory
- New workflow process to increase efficiency, improve brand alignment and ROI measurement
- Led development of annual events calendar for all group departments (14)
- Methodical event design, correlating event objectives, customer profiles and value addition
- Introduced enhanced practices for branding collaterals inventory management
- Grew the corporate stock lounges and marketing display elements
- Built a branding kit across segments to reinforce strict compliance to brand guidelines
Corporate Manager - Etihad Airways
- Increased market share in the home hub of Emirates Airlines, through several conversion tactics and efforts
- Managed 47 corporate relationships including multinationals and 4 Fortune 500 companies
- Brand activations
- Established key partnerships and events to increase brand exposure
- Managed Etihad sponsorships in Dubai
- Organised roll out of promotional marketing campaigns
Jumeirah Group - Sponsorship Manager
- Monitored market activity to activate strategic partnerships
- Managed a diverse range of international brands, rights and partnerships
- Sponsorship concepts, presentations and negotiations, including Multi-million Naming Rights
Jumeirah Group - Assistant Marketing Manager
- Assisted the Marketing Director with the development and implementation of marketing plans for retail and entertainment
- Lead media buying activities and negotiated media barter deals with publications to support cost savings
- Served as press representative; managed press releases, media interviews, photo shoots and filming
- Achieved double editorial coverage
- Managed Magazine publication; content, photo shoots and coordinate featured retailers, F&B outlets and advertisers