As a creative & driven marketing professional, Kathy Richardson has successfully developed, managed and implemented marketing strategies on both a B2B & B2C basis for over 18 years. Kathy’s strength lies in consumer goods, retail, wholesale, web design, ecommerce as well as product innovation, sourcing and development.
Once upon a time a qualified solicitor, Kathy has a down-to-earth solid business acumen that has translated well to marketing & business building.
Having nurtured her own award-winning start up business in 2003 to international export and distribution, Kathy has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to strategic business growth, marketing to target audiences and exhibiting at trade fairs on a worldwide basis. She has collaborated successfully with AUSTRADE and export development programs.
Kathy freelances with a number of small to medium business from a variety of industries including gifts & homewares, wine, soft furnishings, eco products, wellbeing programs, events and construction. She is a hands-on marketing professional who enjoys working with business owners to reach their full potential. Her biggest asset is her diverse skillset.
Kathy possesses exemplary graphic & web design skills and has built more than 40 websites for freelance clients. Her eye for detail lends itself to contemporary styling of products for success and is reflected in her extensive product photography portfolio.
On a personal note, Kathy is friendly, smiley, approachable – as well as being very capable. Her hobbies include landscape photography as well as swimming laps listening to eighties tunes. She sings in the privacy of her own vehicle.
Kathy Richardson - Marketing Specialist
- Website Design/ Ecommerce development – PolishMySite.com. Management of digital platforms including social media and websites
- Customised marketing support – product catalogues, collateral, promo item, branding Guidelines & logo development Graphic design/ digital and print
- Managing product development process from concept & sourcing through to delivery. Design and development of product & packaging. Such packaging included but Product Design/ Fabric prints, Product Packaging, cartons and markings, Care Labels, Swing Tags, Merchandising displays and PDQ’s
- Working with product development teams to design innovative and compelling in-store self-merchandising and point of sale displays for products.
- Undertake product photography- product and set styling, product lifestyle images and technical images
- Freelance marketing support to Gift & Homewares retailers, suppliers and exhibitors. Attendance of four trade shows annually – onsite social media and photography. Trade fair bump-in/bump out. On-site trade stand support.
FDC Building & Construction
- Website & brand refresh.
- Copywriting & design for blog articles, social media and strategic documents. Liaison with project teams across Australia.
- Design and produce print-ready event collateral, vehicle signage & promotional material. Tender, bid and capability statement design.
- Corporate marketing strategy.
- Source promotional items and gifts.
- Projects – Digital Asset Management implementation, Uniforms, event & bid collateral
Reed Gift Fairs
- Manage the marketing of four trade shows annually – with a visitation of in excess of 50,000 and exhibitors in excess of 2,000. Management of Reed Gift Fairs digital platforms to include social media, websites and apps. Develop and implement marketing strategies to meet strategic objectives for each event
- Implementation of brand guidelines and helping create and maintain the Reed Gift Fairs brand. Manage standardisation across shows – registration, websites, features and branding
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor data and produce an effective and engaging marketing plan. Develop creative show initiatives, educational programs and special events to enhance event content
- Develop a significant annual marketing budget and deliver marketing activity on time and within budget. Manage multi-channel online and offline marketing activities to achieve frequent, timely and effective event promotion and measure campaign effectiveness (Print, Radio, EDM, digital, above the line, below the line, B2B and B2C)
- Managing and overseeing the Exhibitor and Hosted Buyer marketing and PR campaigns. Expanding the database for new business leads. Management of external suppliers including PR, photographers, content writers and design agencies.
- Proactively establishing and maintaining effective working team relationships with all support departments, media, industry partners and trade associations. Communication across all disciplines (marketing, operations, PR) to ensure market intelligence is shared in order to maximise on potential opportunities