Jolyn has over 15 years’ experience in corporate communications, marketing, and events management with proven ability as a successful copywriter, content creator, and curator. With a passion for story seeking and telling, Jolyn will research, identify, generate, and disseminate messages that result in communications materials that are authentic to individual organisations and stories that are reflective of the organisation’s brand.
Across both Australia and New Zealand, Jolyn has planned, coordinated, and successfully executed small to medium-sized events which included developing agendas in collaboration with key stakeholders, booking talent, hospitality services and communicating with customers, suppliers, and venue organisers. In addition to creating design briefs for promotional materials, and creative for display panels, Jolyn also planned staff rosters and arranged necessary training.
Proficient in the Microsoft Office software suite, Jolyn also has experience working with the Abode Creative Suite, Canva, WordPress, Survey Monkey and Mailchimp tools.
Outside of work, Jolyn is volunteer member of the Cancer Council Queensland, and has undertaken a variety of fundraising activities, planning charity events, and participating in the Cancer Council’s numerous fundraising campaigns.
Transport and Main Roads
Marketing & Communications
- Create content for marketing and promotional materials, internal newsletters, external communications, and non-campaign advertising.
- Provide briefing information and advice to senior management and the Minister’s Office.
- Source and collate documentation for Ministerial Regional Forums and Community Cabinet Briefs.
- Key role in developing and implementing strategies to promote the Department and engage with stakeholders at events such as the Brisbane RNA Show.
- Manage development and rollout of new visual Identity.
- Assist with production of Visual Identity Guideline to ensure a consistent application in line with the Queensland Government Corporate brand.
- Manage visual resource library, cataloguing all visual materials, including photographs, oral histories, and digital media.
- Plan and coordinate photoshoots of major projects, aerial photography, and senior management portraits.
- Liaise with external suppliers to produce audio visual programs and virtual drive-through simulations.
Copywriting & Content Creation
Copywriting content and business tips for a SaaS Inventory Management Company.
Research and content creation to drive traffic and help improve SEO and SERP.
Copywriting for a broad range of topics and industries including craft brewing, coffee roasting, manufacturing, eCommerce, supplier relationship management, inventory control and supply chain management.