Jana’s experience spans over 13 years in varied roles with global and Australian brands such as Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Google, Keith Prowse Corporate Hospitality, the Brisbane Lions and Mantra Group hotels. She is the ultimate ‘all-rounder’ with experience that spans digital marketing, loyalty programs, complex project management, traditional marketing, communications and PR strategies. Jana began her career as a journalist, giving her a strong foothold in the communications space. More recently she has set up her own eCommerce store to keep up-to-date with all things digital. Jana is creative and practical and not afraid to get her hands dirty to ensure clients hit their goals!
City of Gold Coast
Internal Engagement Officer
- Development of communication strategies and tactics that enhance the reputation of the brand's positioning with all internal stakeholders.
- Developed business critical processes and guidelines with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Created and managed internal communications calendar to support required communications throughout the Directorate.
- Designed and created internal campaign themes and collateral to support calendar activity.
- Identified and optimised key internal communication channels to ensure impact and understanding of staff for key initiatives.
- Reporting and measurement of internal communications to assess effectiveness.
Business Owner / Founder
- An eCommerce store specialising in reusable eco-friendly items to reduce people's single-use plastic and organic, fairtrade, GOTS certified shirts and bracelets with 10% of proceeds being donated to Surfrider Foundation Australia to help keep Australia's beaches and waves clean. This has been a 'side-hustle' or a 'micro-business' that continues to give great satisfaction and continual learning in the eCommerce space!
- Started this eCommerce store to help get the message out that we need to reduce our consumption, particularly around single-use items and plastic. Set up the website from scratch and have been responsible for all aspects of the business, from marketing and PR to website development, stock development and management, accounting, pricing strategies, customer service and order fulfilment.
- Responsible for implementation of multi-channel marketing campaigns and communications across web, mobile, blog, email, social media, influencers, paid search, remarketing, Google Shopping Ads, PR, partnerships and SEO..
Online Marketing & Loyalty Manager
- Managed four direct reports - Loyalty Marketing Executive, Online Marketing Specialist, Online Content Manager and Email Marketing Strategist.
- Management of Mantra Group's Digital Marketing budget.
- Project management of the relaunch and rebrand of Mantra Group's loyalty program.
- Led the team responsible for day-to-day management of the loyalty program which included management of the program's database, devising/executing and analysing omni-channel marketing campaigns, content, database acquisition and retention strategies.
- Management of PPC campaigns across Mantra Group.
- Management of online content development and syndication strategies for SEO, engagement and PR purposes utilising blog, video and photography content.