Heri Kowero comes from a marketing and branding background with experience in both the public and private sector. His work experience gave him various responsibilities from managing social media accounts, delivering internal and external communication materials, stakeholder relationship management, events and online marketing campaigns to supporting public and media relations.
Heri has brought a creative, international, and organised approach to every project he has been involved in and would welcome the opportunity to bring these qualities to your department. He has also completed a Master of Business in August 2018, majoring in Integrated Marketing Communication, which has given him the confidence, tools, and knowledge to effectively support organisations to communicate effectively with their stakeholders.
Heri joined the Cemoh team in April in hopes to expand his network and utilise his knowledge to contribute to your strategic goals and objectives.
Queensland Family and Child Commission - Press, Media & Communications
- Produce drafts of newsworthy content (including media releases and opinion pieces) for a range of print and digital communications platforms, to promote QFCC priorities and positions, activities, and stories.
- Manage, research, and produce a weekly social media schedule, working with stakeholders across the organisation to promote their work.
- Work in collaboration with QFCC teams to draft key messages for talking points, speeches, reports, or newsletters.
- Help coordinate and deliver photography and videography projects including assisting with project management, scriptwriting, video, and photo editing.KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
- Worked in a team that oversees the QFCC media and successful drafting of media releases that were run across print, radio and television media
Electoral Commission of Queensland - Communication
- Support in managing the department’s social media channels for the 2020 Queensland State General Elections.
- Effectively communicate and respond to queries to both internal and external stakeholders via Sprout Social in a timely manner.
- Create social media content while maintaining brand consistency in all marketing messages.
- Collate, edit, and deliver weekly internal communication content.KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
- Worked in the team to deliver the 2020 Queensland State General Elections
Department of Local Government, Racing and Multicultural Affairs - Communication & Adminstration
- Assist with content creation for media, social media and communication and support the editorial and content production schedule.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders regarding media and communication and provide advice, correspondence, and information as required, or where necessary direct the enquiries to the appropriate area.
- Provide input into the development and maintenance of effective administrative, monitoring and records management systems and procedures associated with team functions and responsibilities.
- Undertake administrative duties to support the work of the media and communication team in the day-to-day running of the team and all media and communication-related activities.KEY ACHIEVEMENTS
- Developed the COVID-19 response messages for internal and external channels, working between updates from the Premier and Chief Health Officer, and the Department of Health to support internal and external stakeholders.
- Worked in a team in the delivery of marketing and event managing the Premier’s Multicultural Reception.
- Worked in a team on all logistics to deliver the Multicultural Queensland Month and Awards.