A marketing communications media specialist of more than fifteen years across radio
broadcasting, publishing, small business, and the public and NFP sector.
During my career, I have worked to tight deadlines within a team or autonomously. I have
provided timely and accurate information and strategic advice in high-pressure environments
with a keen eye for detail. I enthusiastically deliver on a project’s objective while aligning
strategic direction; and I can identify opportunities to promote positive outcomes to internal
and external stakeholders and the wider community. I am an agile worker, a problem solver
and enjoy a quick laugh and banter to contribute to a productive environment.
I have focused on social media management for the last decade with roles across various
government agencies and small businesses. Plus, my media and publishing background
results in identifying the most effective channel to leverage strategic objectives, mission, and
vision for your organisation.
Social Media Marketing contractor
- Initiate and deliver content marketing strategy
- Social media content creation, including video interviews
- SEO writing for website pages, and blogs
- Initiate, draft and schedule social media content calendar
- Initiate and deliver e-newsletters (Mailchimp)
- Initiate and distribute media releases
- Organise professional video shoot for corporate videos, including conducting interviews
- Facebook and Instagram advertising
- Analytics and social media reporting with recommendations.
Senior Communications Advisor
- Develop Organisational Change and Communications Plans and deliver across UCQ’s three business units for five different ICT projects
- Maintain good working relationships with the program’s stakeholders
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Program Communications Management Plan
- Identify and manage the change impacts on and develop appropriate communication strategies
- Ensure communication activities deliver agreed outputs, on schedule and to an acceptable quality
- Develop, manage and maintain relationships with key channels to distribute the Program change messaging
- Develop and maintain the Program’s presence on the intranet
- Attend project meetings to report on communication activities and make recommendations for future communication activities as the program progresses.
Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT)
Senior Communications Officer
- Provide high-level written skills to prepare government documents for Queensland Government strategies
- Lead management of content and scheduling for social media channels, including advertising in line with government guidelines and protocols
- Lead marketing and communication activities and provide strategic marcomms advice, including Advancing Women in Business initiative
- Preparing high-level reports, with analysis, such as Indigenous Business Month and providing outcomes of targeted promotion utilising digital channels
- Prepare Ministerial media materials, such as briefs, speeches, media releases – as required.