With corporate and agency experience spanning more than two decades, Greg is a highly accomplished and commercially focused marketing professional. His forte is strategy development, behaviour change and program management, predominantly for high growth challengers.
Greg truly gets it as he has lived it at C-suite level. He has held business leadership roles as CGO of a super fund, CEO of a comparison business and CMO of a retail bank. Career highlights include the launch and repositioning of global, national and regional brands in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
As an AMI Fellow and Certified Practicing Marketer, Greg holds formal qualifications in business, marketing, digital and innovation and has won a string of awards for creativity and effectiveness. He has proudly volunteered on industry and not-for-profit committees and is an accredited AFL coach.
Customer Strategy Director
- Launched the boutique studio to capitalise on demand for customer strategy and marketing advisory services.
- Developed and refined a robust toolkit for marketing planning, brand development and customer experience.
- Led and managed major human-centred projects for Queensland Government – TMR, TransLink and DET.
- Secured key clients including QSuper, Mater, Consumer, Suzuki, Compare the Market, HealthCert and E-Bisglobal.
- Assumed the interim Chief Growth Officer role for Energy Super culminating in the merger with LGIAsuper.
Chief Executive Officer
- Delivered the brand strategy and online value proposition for Canstar and Canstar Blue as part of group executive role.
- Crafted and rolled out the digital audit, plan and analytics – website, mobile, SEO, PPC, UX, affiliate, email, social.
- Built the Canstar Blue ecommerce strategy and delivered website monetisation linked to conversion rate optimisation.
- Developed strategic commercial partnerships with leading brands across both Australia and New Zealand.
- Pioneered research and established a thought leadership position on the topic of endorsement marketing.
General Manager, Brand and Marketing
- Led an inside out brand review resulting in the positioning of ‘Your own personal bank’ and brand transition to BOQ.
- Delivered the multi-award winning brand relaunch based on a highly differentiated platform – local Owner-Managers.
- Managed all customer communications and directed the CRM shift towards 1:1, data-driven and digital marketing.
- Negotiated and leveraged major national AFL sponsorship partnerships – Brisbane Lions and Gold Coast Suns.
- Ran BOQ’s community investment, including the flagship ‘Banking on our Kids’ (with >$1m donations since inception).